Looks like fans of last year’s Gundam tactical RPG, SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays, have more content coming their way.
In a press release this morning, Bandai Namco announced a new SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays expansion pack is available now on Steam! However, the pack is not included in the previously released Season Pass, but it can be purchased separately for $7.99.
Included in the Expansion Pack is a brand new increased difficulty mode known as “Inferno Mode”. In order to help you tackle the new challenges posed by the new difficulties and five new stages, you will need to take advantage of the new character abilities and optional parts coming with the pack, as well. You can look forward to new units, characters and dispatch missions too, to round out your dream teams.
Fans can also look forward to the free 1.50 game update, coming March 25th. With this update, players will receive a nice assortment of quality of life improvements and music tracks. Some of these features include the ability to fast-forward battle animations, swap button layouts, and 11 new earnable background tracks. Not bad for costing nothing!
Later in the spring, the 1.60 free update will roll out, focusing mostly on your custom pilots and increasing the level cap. Players will now have new voices and outfits available to them when they create their own pilots for their team. The big feature of this update, however, is the increase to both the unit and pilot level caps.
Pulling together casts and units from the Gundam series’ history, players battle on grid-based fields throughout various eras and universes. SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays offer long time fans their dream team of pilots and mobile suits to bring into battle.
SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays is the first in the series to make the jump overseas, and it has seen a steady supply of new content since launch. Season pass content for the game just recently ended, so it’s nice to see that Bandai Namco hasn’t wasted any time in revealing that more is coming. The additional modes and music, as well as the increased level cap, make for great incentives for players to jump back into the cockpit. During my time with the game, I loved being able to rock out to my favorite Gundam tracks while watching my favorites suits wreck the enemy forces.
SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays is currently available in the U.S. via Steam.
Full SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays Release Notes
Patch 1.50 on March 25:
- Free downloadable content #5 “G Generation BGM Collection & Special Ability Acquisition Operation!” has been implemented. (Includes 11 BGMs and eight special abilities.)
- Added fast-forward feature for battle animations. Hold down the Square button on PlayStation 4, Y button on Switch, or the accelerate / multiple-input button (input key allocation can be configured via “Keyboard Settings”) on PC to fast-forward the battle animations.
- Added remaining dispatch timing in Group Dispatch operation list.
- Added BGM selection feature for Super High Morale and higher in weapon BGMs 01 to 06 within “Change Character BGM.”
- Added BGM selection for Title and Group Dispatch screens.
- Adjusted selectable stage BGM available for respective series.
- Added cut feature for Simplified Battle.
- Added feature to swap positions for save and load selection.
- Added master volume settings.
- Added feature to swap button between enter and cancel for PC
1.60 patch coming later this spring:
- New custom pilot outfits
- additional settings
- new custom pilot voices
- increase in the level cap for pilots and units
Exclusive to the paid Expansion Pack:
- New higher difficulty options, including “Inferno Mode”
- New character abilities
- New optional parts
- 5 new Expansion stages
- New Units, characters, quests and group dispatch missions.
The post SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays is Receiving New DLC by Scott White appeared first on DualShockers.